Why do kids need Pediatric physical therapy?
Only a few people know about what a therapist can do for a child.
Children are not mini-adults, and they are built differently, move differently and think differently therefore, children should go to a physical therapist who has training and experience in pediatric health care. Pediatric physical therapists are experts in the development of the child and, in particular, with regard to the movement’s development. Movement is a very important aspect of development for babies and children. Movement allows babies and children to explore their bodies and how they work, as well as their environment and all the things in their world – being able to move easily and successfully is essential for learning and growing.
Pediatric physical therapists have expert skills in assessment, identification, and diagnosis and treatment of developmental disorders, and movement difficulties in children.
The types of movement disorders, movement difficulties, pediatric physical therapists can help you greatly vary, but may include the following:
- Babies and children who are slower to achieve their motor milestones, eg: babies who are late to learn to sit, crawl or walk
- Babies and children who are using unusual patterns to move eg: w-sitting or bottom shuffling or toe walking
- Children who are having difficulty with motor skills, such as jumping/hopping or ball skills
- Toddlers and babies who are clumsy or uncoordinated
- Children with disabilities such as cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, autism, brain injury, muscular dystrophies, or other congenital syndromes or conditions
- Babies and children with conditions affecting their bones, joints or muscles, such as Plagiocephaly (flattened head shape), clubfoot, flat feet, overly flexible or dislocating joints, or congenital conditions such as Ehler’s Danlos Syndrome, common musculoskeletal issues (eg: Sever’s Disease, patellofemoral pain
- Children who have rheumatological and pain conditions such as arthritis, myositis, or chronic pain
- Children following an injury or trauma who require rehabilitation to get back to their best
- Children with rumination
- Children with chronic respiratory conditions such as cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis or primary ciliary dyskinesia
During the physical therapy for the child, Physio will carry out:
- Assess your child’s motor and overall development, using our observation skills, special measures, and specific hands on assessment techniques
- Identify what your child is doing well, what they are having difficulty with, and why they are having difficulties, and then
- Develop a treatment program in collaboration with you and your child, which aims to address your child’s difficulties and maximize their abilities.
Why choose us for Pediatric physical therapy treatment at home?
Proven methodologies: Customized care plans, globally used care protocols and evidence based practices for an uneventful recovery.
Tools for measuring outcome: Internationally accepted tools for monitoring outcomes against the benchmark to assure a desirable improvement.
Patient-centric approach: Building a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family via effective communication to facilitate patient participation and better outcomes.
Individualized care: We understand that each patient is different and so are their requirements. That’s why we provide you with personalized care plan that caters to your needs.
Save money & time: Schedule your appointment as per your convenience with no stress of travelling and waiting.